Click on the questions to reveal the answers.
1. The official motto of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games is: (a) âUnited Through Emotionâ; (b) âA New Worldâ; or (c) âAll, togetherâ?
(a) âUnited by emotionâ.
2. Who plays Aretha Franklin in the next movie? The respect? (Bonus point for naming Franklin’s song that begins with “You’re not a good heartbreaker / You’re a liar and you’re a cheater …”)
Jennifer Hudson. (Bonus point: “I never loved a man (The way I love you)”).
3. What is the name beginning with “e” for a series of dots that indicates the intentional omission of a word or part of a text without altering the original meaning?
4. Who was the first person to receive two Nobel Prizes?
5. What sports jersey number connects Michael Jordan, Lance Franklin, Shane Warne and David Beckham?
6. In which country was Lutheranism founded?
7. In chess, with how many pieces does each player start a game?
8. Who created Vitruvian man drawing?
10. Who is the Australian Home Secretary?
This article first appeared in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on July 10, 2021 under the title âWho Was the First Person to Receive Two Nobel Prizes?â.
A free press is a paid press. In the short term, the economic fallout from the coronavirus has taken about a third of our income. We will survive this crisis, but we need the support of readers. Now is the time to subscribe.